Skip to main content

New Project and we are finally settled in!!

Good Afternoon or early evening beautiful people. It has been a very long time since I have been on my blog. I am happy to say after about 4 yrs of moving and transition we are finally settled into our new home and I am now able to have a craft room again and get back to doing what I love.
    We have settled back in Florida actually right back where we left over 9 yrs ago. It is funny how God likes to bring us full circle. We actually ended up building our house on the five acres that we had purchased 14 yrs ago. I always thought we would sell it and live some where else but here are back and I couldn't be happier!!
   My family and I have had an amazing journey and have been able to meet God in new ways and experience life the way he meant for us to live it. It is absolutely beautiful and wildly fun!!!!

Anyways let me get to the project! ( thats why you come here anyway right!)  So I am a big fan of svgcuts.com  Mary and Leo are amazingly talented people and I am so stoked that they share their talents with us!!  I had been looking for a cute umbrella to make for a baby shower to use as a favor box and in their inspiration gallery one of their designers had come up with a super cute umbrella for a cupcake topper. So with a little bit of tweaking I was able to come up with what I needed for the shower.
     
I absolutely love love love how this came out. Now the colors are teal and white. I think next time I will do a pattern paper just to make it little more fun, but this was for a more formal shower so I kept it simple. The paper is a shimmer cardstock. The white is from Michaels, the teal is Bazzill Atlantis. It is hard to see in the pick but they both have a really pretty glimmer to them. I only had a few candies left from Christmas otherwise I would more than likely use hershey kisses or something like that.


This little flower I purchased through the silhouette studio store. I am not sure of the designer but it was uber easy to cut and then I just distressed it with my Stamping up Tempting Turquoise stamp pad. I used a leaf from my ecal 2 software to add more detail.

The umbrella file itself actually comes from the Fun and Games svg kit. You can check that kit out here. You will use the baseball cap file, you do some node editing and then you have an umbrella. You can find complete instructions in the project gallery for svgcuts. Here is a pic of the project on svgcuts.com that Ilda Dias did.
How stinking adorable is this!!

I love this it could totally work for a birthday or shower with cupcakes.

This umbrella favor was a lot of fun to make and it really didn't take a long time. I love it when what I see in my head becomes a reality in front of me.

Thanks for stopping by today and I look forward to blogging again!!

Crystal 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lot's of Fun with FCCB Cricut Crawl today!!!!!

Welcome to Little creations for the Cricut and the Fantabulous Cricut Harvest Blessings Crawl ...Fantab ulous Cricut's version of a blog hop! It's Fall and everyone at Fantabulous Cricut has decided to create projects to give thanks for our Harvest Blessings ! Each Design Te am member will be featuring an original Fall project that includes Brown , Orange and Red – along with at least one Cricut cut. If you've come from visiting Charlotte at alittleb itofdetail.blogspot.com , you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Fantabulous Cricut Crawl, start HERE . Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! There will be PRIZES along the way at some of our DT members' blogs, AND there will be a Grand Prize up for grabs at FCCB for one participant that su bmits a "Harvest Blessings" project at FCCB! Here is my project for the crawl.... ( I have

A Tragic Loss

My Heart has been breaking and the tears just seem to keep coming!! In the picture above is a sweet dear friend who was tragically killed this weekend in a small plane crash. For those of you in Florida I am sure that you have heard the news of a small plane crash in the everglades. This was his plane he was the pilot. This is such shocking news to all because he was such a good pilot and careful flyer!! We are all searching for answers and praying that the Lord will reveal this week to give closure especially to the family! Ryan Ruano had to have been one of the funnest, sweetest, happiest people I have ever met. That smile on his face was a permanent fixture!! He lived his life to the fullest never missing a beat!!! Always doing the things that he loved and having a blast doing them!! I moved to Florida when I was 19 and after a week of being there I met the man that I would marry Kevin!! Well 3 days after meeeting him I decided to walk down to the local hardware store where he worke

DISNEY’S BLOG HOP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Saturday!!! And this is going to be a fun day!! Today is the Disney Blog Hop! There is 20 very talented ladies ready to show you some awesome projects that of course are Disney themed!! So have fun and don’t forget the Blog Candy!!! If you have come from Melanie’s blog. You are in the right place. If you are just visiting my Blog and want to play along, you can do so by starting at Sylvia's blog ( www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com ) Here are the Disney Projects that I made for the hop!!             This was a quick and simple card that I made using one of the Minnie cuts on the Mickey and Friends Cart. I also added a border with my Martha Stewart double edge punch. The sentiment came from a one dollar stamp at Michaels. I wanted to share one other project… Here is a Layout that I made using both my Mickey and friends Cart and my MTC software. It was super easy!!! So I would like to offer some blog candy but at this time I just didn’t have anything avai