Skip to main content

My first project with the Sizzix Eclips 2

I know, I know I have not been very good lately at this whole blogging thing. I apologize. Hopefully some of my followers will stick around. I have been experiencing some major shifting in life in the last 2 yrs and am finally starting to see settled ground! 

Anyway you are here for inspiration right? Paper craft inspiration to be exact. That is what I can give you today!! 

Recently I purchased a new die cutting machine. Actually I purchased two because I wasnt sure which one I wanted. I purchased both the Silhouette Cameo and the New Sizzix Eclips 2.  The Cameo because I love the online store and everyone raves about this machine so I figured it has to be good. The Eclips 2 because it looked great and the grams of force is 700. Thats as much as my Zing had. I liked my Zing but I had to buy a Mac and the software just wasn't 100% percent functional yet with the Mac so I sold the Zing. 

Here is a photo of both machines: 


So I tried both of the machines and I want to tell you which one I picked.
I ended up keeping the Sizzix Eclips 2!! I LOVE IT!  It cuts smooth and quick and it is quieter. The Silhouette just didn't seem like it was going to last and I did test cutting and the silhouette just couldn't cut as clean and as well as the eclips. The Eclips is very easy with the blade and the placement of the mat. The software which is the ECAL software it is good but not great. It needs some updates. It needs a knife tool and just some all around improvement in the designing area. It would be great if it had as many options as Make the Cut. However the plus is that it is Mac compatible and that is what I need. 

Finally here is the inspiration that you came here for in the first place. I have a beautiful friend who recently celebrated her son's 1st birthday and was in need of some Party Bling!! So of course with me having a new machine I was all about helping her out. Here are the few things I created for the party. 





It was so much fun!!! One of my favorite things so far about the Eclips 2 is the fact that it cuts extremely accurately. I didn't waste any paper with this project. That is huge. I usually waste paper trying to get my stuff just right and it just went really smooth with the Eclips. 

Thanks everyone and I promise I will be sharing more stuff pretty soon!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lot's of Fun with FCCB Cricut Crawl today!!!!!

Welcome to Little creations for the Cricut and the Fantabulous Cricut Harvest Blessings Crawl ...Fantab ulous Cricut's version of a blog hop! It's Fall and everyone at Fantabulous Cricut has decided to create projects to give thanks for our Harvest Blessings ! Each Design Te am member will be featuring an original Fall project that includes Brown , Orange and Red – along with at least one Cricut cut. If you've come from visiting Charlotte at alittleb itofdetail.blogspot.com , you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Fantabulous Cricut Crawl, start HERE . Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! There will be PRIZES along the way at some of our DT members' blogs, AND there will be a Grand Prize up for grabs at FCCB for one participant that su bmits a "Harvest Blessings" project at FCCB! Here is my project for the crawl.... ( I have

Okay so I would love your thoughts on this!!!

Yes, this is coming a bit late in the day but I unfortunately am suffering from a very yucky sinus cold :-( and it took me a long time to get it done and then finally up on the blog. I have shared with ya’ll that I am trying to get my Disney pictures scrapped from our vacation 2 years ago!!! ( I know that is pretty sad isn’t it) But hey praise the Lord for Photo Cd’s that last for-e-ver. ( have you ever seen the sandlot!! With the guy that says forever really slow, it’s a hoot) Anyway….I am trying to work diligently on this album so today I worked on one of the pages that have to do with having dinner with the Princesses at Epcot. I learned a new technique for paper flowers using my Plantin Schoolbook Cart for this page. And I must say….. that I so totally love it!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I think that ya’ll must think I am a cross between a valley girl and a southern gal!! With all of my so’s you all’s and ya’lls. To tell you the truth I am originally from Upstate NY but Florida is of

A Tragic Loss

My Heart has been breaking and the tears just seem to keep coming!! In the picture above is a sweet dear friend who was tragically killed this weekend in a small plane crash. For those of you in Florida I am sure that you have heard the news of a small plane crash in the everglades. This was his plane he was the pilot. This is such shocking news to all because he was such a good pilot and careful flyer!! We are all searching for answers and praying that the Lord will reveal this week to give closure especially to the family! Ryan Ruano had to have been one of the funnest, sweetest, happiest people I have ever met. That smile on his face was a permanent fixture!! He lived his life to the fullest never missing a beat!!! Always doing the things that he loved and having a blast doing them!! I moved to Florida when I was 19 and after a week of being there I met the man that I would marry Kevin!! Well 3 days after meeeting him I decided to walk down to the local hardware store where he worke