Skip to main content

A touch of ink scrapbook layout

Good Afternoon followers, ( if your not a follower feel free to hit that button over to the right:-) ) So I just participated in my first blog hop!! I will find out tonight or tomorrow if I won any blog candy!!! It was the Gotta have friends Blog hop started by Alex from you had me at crafts blog.
There are some awesome projects in this hop. Even if you didn't get to do this go and check out all the projects for some awesome ideas.
Momo had a adorable card made with create a critter, and Robyn at My Pink Stamper has an awesome video making a card using the Expression 2. There are tons more so go check it out!!

So I recently have started to dabble in inking with my projects, now I am the first to tell you that I am not a pro at this and I am not even sure if what I do would be considered inking but I like it and I think it adds alot to my pages. I am currently working on a Disney World album from our trip in 2009. Yes, I know I should already have it done but you know how life just happens and scrapbooking doesn't!!.  Anyway here is my layout and I will discuss the details below.

RSCN2503

One of our days on vacation was at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. If you have ever wandered which one to spend the money on Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? Go with Typhoon Lagoon. We went to both and Typhoon was the better park. Here is pictures of my dear hubby and beautiful daughter who rode the Crush n gusher together. One of the first roller coaster water slides. They loved it!!! I love Disney’s photopass and without it we would have never gotten shot’s like this. Hmmm. I may have to blog about the photopass!

So here is the break down: I found the sketch for this layout by going to google and typing in scrapbook sketches for 4x6 photos. Found this one and knew it would work great for my pictures. Here are the materials used:

12x12 sheet of Hawaiian blue Colormates

Bazzill rain paper

patterned paper from Michaels

Cricut Cartridge: Graphically Speaking

brown ribbon

4 flowers from Got Flowers?

Colorbox inks metallic and dark brown

Since I was using a lot of text on this page with Graphically speaking I wanted to add some dimension to the words. Plus having two solid color cardstocks right on each other I felt that there was a need for some added texture of some sort to the layout. That is where the ink came out and began working magic.

DSCN2510

First I used my dark brown ink and just simply went around the edges to add a outline look to my bazzill paper. This gives the illusion of having a pattern against the other blue getting rid of the plain color on color look. ( plus check out the eyelet in the flower. It is a silver eyelet that I stamped in the brown so it would match)

RSCN2507 

All I did here was take my metallic silver ink from Colorbox and went around the frame of the word inking a good think layer. Finally, for the word Fearless I used my metallic blue and silver ink from Colorbox and inked the edge along with taking the pad and simply stroking it gently in areas of the word to give it that “grunge” look.

DSCN2509

The amount of inking is totally up to you. You may like more of less than what I used. Lastly on my layout I used some ribbon a strip of patterned paper and then flowers from Got Flowers?. I hope you like the layout.

RSCN2503

Please leave comments, remember I am new at blogging and could benefit from great advice from you seasoned pros. Thanks everyone!!

Comments

  1. Nice inking Crystal! I just started using inks for my cricut cuts also. It really adds so much and gives it a finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Crystal! I love your page of your trip of Disney World. I still have hundreds to do for a trip in like 2003 so your are not way ahead of me. I love the color palette you used. Great job!
    Mahalo for sharing
    Aloha from Hawaii
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very nice layout. I am in a Yahoo Group with you so I saw your post. That is how I found you. Thank you for sharing your wonderful layout and all the details. I am your newest follower and looking forward to seeing more of your creations! Melin....CookingWithCricut.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your layout! Momo sent me, too. I am following you and can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout!!! I found you through Mom. She is the sweetest to start this for us. I have found so many great blogs I would have missed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tragic Loss

My Heart has been breaking and the tears just seem to keep coming!! In the picture above is a sweet dear friend who was tragically killed this weekend in a small plane crash. For those of you in Florida I am sure that you have heard the news of a small plane crash in the everglades. This was his plane he was the pilot. This is such shocking news to all because he was such a good pilot and careful flyer!! We are all searching for answers and praying that the Lord will reveal this week to give closure especially to the family! Ryan Ruano had to have been one of the funnest, sweetest, happiest people I have ever met. That smile on his face was a permanent fixture!! He lived his life to the fullest never missing a beat!!! Always doing the things that he loved and having a blast doing them!! I moved to Florida when I was 19 and after a week of being there I met the man that I would marry Kevin!! Well 3 days after meeeting him I decided to walk down to the local hardware store where he worke

Lot's of Fun with FCCB Cricut Crawl today!!!!!

Welcome to Little creations for the Cricut and the Fantabulous Cricut Harvest Blessings Crawl ...Fantab ulous Cricut's version of a blog hop! It's Fall and everyone at Fantabulous Cricut has decided to create projects to give thanks for our Harvest Blessings ! Each Design Te am member will be featuring an original Fall project that includes Brown , Orange and Red – along with at least one Cricut cut. If you've come from visiting Charlotte at alittleb itofdetail.blogspot.com , you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Fantabulous Cricut Crawl, start HERE . Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! There will be PRIZES along the way at some of our DT members' blogs, AND there will be a Grand Prize up for grabs at FCCB for one participant that su bmits a "Harvest Blessings" project at FCCB! Here is my project for the crawl.... ( I have

Birthday Card using Wild Card and Paper doll dress up!!

Hello Fellow scrappers and card makers, I have a niece that is turning 7 on April 6th and being that we live pretty far apart ( I’m in Tenn. and she is in Florida.) I wanted to send her a card with some cold cash that she can use to purchase whatever her little heart desires.  So here it it…. I was so excited to do this card because I had just recently purchased the cartridge Wild Card and I was eager to use it. I went ahead and picked the first card on the cartridge and started figuring out how to add my own touch to the project .   I absolutely love this cartridge!! It has so many different cards on it along with a plethora of images, icons, phrases and much more. You have to make sure and make your envelopes first to ensure a good fit for your card. I created the envelope at 3 3/4 in. the card was the same size. Here is a photo of both.                    I added some strips of patterned paper to the front sides of the card and then I was ready to add my die cut. My