Friday, April 1, 2011

Birthday Card using Wild Card and Paper doll dress up!!

Hello Fellow scrappers and card makers, I have a niece that is turning 7 on April 6th and being that we live pretty far apart ( I’m in Tenn. and she is in Florida.) I wanted to send her a card with some cold cash that she can use to purchase whatever her little heart desires.  So here it it….

IMG_3345

I was so excited to do this card because I had just recently purchased the cartridge Wild Card and I was eager to use it. I went ahead and picked the first card on the cartridge and started figuring out how to add my own touch to the project .  wild card stock photo

I absolutely love this cartridge!! It has so many different cards on it along with a plethora of images, icons, phrases and much more. You have to make sure and make your envelopes first to ensure a good fit for your card.

I created the envelope at 3 3/4 in. the card was the same size. Here is a photo of both. 

                 IMG_3346

I added some strips of patterned paper to the front sides of the card and then I was ready to add my die cut. My niece absolutely love to dance so I knew right away that I wanted to use a ballerina from Paper doll dress up. She was so much fun to make!! I used some ink to rosie up her cheeks and then added some ink around her crown. Lastly for the front of the card I added a small stamp from Michaels craft store.

I did add some glitter to the ballerina’s outfit but it was after these pics were taken. ( it took the card from cute to so stinkin cute!!!)

Of course then there was the inside of the card:

              IMG_3343

On the inside I used the Happy birthday title from my Create a Critter cartridge and the two balloons were from Stretch your imagination Cartridge.

Then I was basically done. As you can see I used 4 of my cricut cartridges on the card and I was very happy with the end result. I hope she like it as much as I do!!! Thanks for stopping by!!

11 comments:

  1. You did a great job on your card. She will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I'm sure she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the wild card cart today also and was playing with the same one. Its a neat cart thats for sure. I made the doily card also..came out real cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! And I am a new follower, I found you by way of cricutscraplifters yahoo group. I am not a member But get the daily e-mail from them! I love your card and how you changed it up!! I love my Wild card Cartridge! Hope to have you come over to my blog and check it out and if you like it please become a follower! Have a Groovy Week end!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    Rexann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am a new follower, thanks to Momo's blog. I really like the wild card cart too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I'm a new follower now too! I live in the Kissimmee area. What part are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card..she will love it more than the gift (which is also nice of you!)

    http://coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute card great job momo snt me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this card~ I found you thru Momo~

    Thanks for sharing,

    Tina~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card. I am a new follower...just hopping by from the Love Link Up Party! :)

    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete